GENERAL INFORMATION :
• Population about 29 million people
• A 132,500.000.000 GNP dollars in 2010
• A total area of 1,285,215 km ² almost three times the size of Spain
• 2414 km of coastline.
• Shares borders with Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Ecuador and Bolivia
• The highest point is the snowy Huascaran rises to 6768 m (22.204 ft)
WHY SHOULD YOU COME TO PERU :
• Peru has 28 of the 31 climates on Earth. (There is always sun in some
Parts of the country, whatever the season is)
• Of the 104 ecosystems in the world, 84 are represented in Peru.
• Peru has the second highest mountain in the world.
• With its 1500 m altitude, the Colca Canyon is the second deepest canyon in the world after the Grand Canyon.
• Peru has the world's highest navigable lake, the Titicaca (3.812 m) (12.506 ft)
• There are 8 national parks and 9 sites designated as World Heritage Sites.
• one of the seven wonders of the modern world is in Peru "Machupicchu"
CLIMATE IN PERU :
• Peru has a great geographic diversity and different climates in all regions, determined by its altitude and seasons, here is a summary of the weather by region:
• Coast (Ica, Chiclayo, Lima, Trujillo and Tumbes)
• North: warm year-round in summer the temperature reaches 35 ° degrees
• Central and South America: it has two distinct seasons winter (between April and October) and summer (November to March).
• Sierra: (Ancash, Arequipa, Ayacucho, Cajamarca, Cusco and Puno)
• This region has two seasons: winter from April to October and summer from November to March. But in general, is rather a dry season, winter and the rainy season, summer.
• Forest: (Iquitos, Madre de Dios and Manu): La Selva Alta, about 700 meters above sea level) the temperatures range from a subtropical climate with abundant rainfall. The bottom of the jungle (below 700 m altitude) has two seasons: the winter or dry season (April-October) with sunny weather and warm. During the summer season or wet season (November-March) precipitation is more frequent.
FLORA AND FAUNA :
• Peru is a country immensely rich in biodiversity. It now houses more than 40,000 species of plants, including 3,000 species of orchids.
• In 2000 it was determined that in the rivers of Peru there are more variety of fish than around the Atlantic ocean.
• Peru has over 3700 species of butterflies.
• Peru has registered 1710 species of endemic birds.
• For mammals, there are over 32 species of monkeys, jaguars, pink freshwater dolphins, giant otters. In addition to the Andean fauna composed of pumas, llamas, alpacas and vicunas.
• Not to forget, of course, we have the biggest bird in the world, with its 3.6 meters wide, the Andean condor (Vultur Grifus).
Peru is famous throughout South America for its varied cuisine is the mixture of Spanish cuisine and Indian Gourmet. Travelers will have the opportunity to taste typical local dishes, among which are:
• The ceviche, the national dish: cooked or raw fish marinated in lemon juice!
• The Pisco Sour: a fluffy drink a pisco (white grape alcohol) lemon juice, egg white ice and crushed ice. Very refreshing!
• Coca: an infusion of organic coca leaf, which helps digestion and is an effective remedy against the problems of altitude.
• The alpaca: the flavor of a steak, but without the cholesterol.
• The lomo saltado, sliced cooked meat with vegetables and chips, served with rice
• Guinea pigs commonly called the Cuy. It is cooked with grilled vegetables. Its flesh is very soft and fragrant.
• Anticuchos heart skewers grilled meat
In addition to the many tropical fruits and vegetables, juice-based drinks many as you can see in all local markets.